logo

Tau Update — Fireblade

Man, I can’t wait for this to be over. I have SO much painting ahead of me and it’s getting to the point where I need to slow down so this turns out right.

I started trying to recycle the MaskFX masking — using the same pieces repeatedly. That has worked to some degree. But I recently ran into a situation where the paint seeped under the tape and made a mess. Also, I need to be more observant about pieces not adhering to the model.

This was experienced during the painting of the Cadre Fireblade cape. I Decided that I wanted to add a digi camo pattern along the bottom of his cloak. Pretty good idea, I thought. That was until I peeled up the tape and revealed paint seepage.

tauFireblade-003

I believe I can fix it, but it’s something I need to watch out for as I proceed.
tauFireblade-002

tauFireblade-001

So far, so good. The weekend is here, so I hope to get a chance to make some real progress. I re-primed my Riptide, so I hope to get that painted and based over the weekend. Stay tuned.

Comments are closed.